Americanexpress.Com/Confirmcard is the page section on American Express site where you can activate your Amex card online. Those who just got approved for and received the Amex card often miss this simple yet crucial step, rendering the card useless since you can not use it to purchase stuff or any do any online or offline transactions before you activate it.
Register Your Amex Card Online
So, How to Activate your American Express card?
First of all, you need you head over to the following link : http://www.Americanexpress.Com/Confirmcard
You will be prompted with the following web interface,
- You need to enter the 15-digit number that is located on the front of your card , the 4-digit security code located on the back of it (it’s also called CVV number) and the expiry date of your card.
- After entering your card details, click on the “Continue” button
- You will then be asked to login or register a new account. If you already have an account with them you can proceed to activate your card using your existing login credentials.
- If you don’t have one you need to register a new account first.
- Creating an Amex account is simple, you need to create a username, password and email address., full name, date of birth, billing address, your social security number and other personal information.
- After completing the above steps you need to check your email to confirm your account registration.
- The last step is login to your newly-created Amex account and activate your card.
- Done, your Amex card is now activated..
Another Method to Activate Your Card
If you don’t feel secured registering the card online you might want activate it by calling their customer service number.
You can call 1-877-297-4438 where you can speak directly with an American Express customer service agent. You need to provide your name, contact address, social security number and other personal information.
Now, you have activated your Amex card, you may want to know what to do with it , what are its key benefits, features and other relevant stuffs.
Sign the Back of Your Amex Card
Supposed you’re the first time credit card user which I believe is highly unlikely, since most Americans are credit card addicts 🙂 .
As with other cards you need to sign your Amex card first before you can use it. Putting your signature on the back of your card is a way to protect your card from illegal use if someone steals your card.
Swipe Your Amex Card in a Store
If you have signed the back of your card, now you can use your card. Using your card is easy. You can swipe your card in a store like a normal debit card.
Enter the Card Information for Online Shopping
If you want to make purchases online using your card you need to enter your first and last name, the 15-digit card number and 4-digit security code. Remember that you must ensure that the purchase amount is less or equal than the balance of your card.
Use Your Card Funds within 12 Months
Once you have activated your card, you are subject to a $2 monthly service fee if you don’t use the full balance of your Amex card within 12 months.
What are Benefits?
The following are the highlights of some key benefits the Amex card gives you:
- Return Protection
- Purchase Protection
- Extended Warranty
- Global Assist Hotline
- Car Rental Loss and Damage insurance
- Baggage Insurance Plan
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
Learn Your Card’s Restrictions
There some restrictions associated with an American Express card. By familiarizing yourself with these restrictions, you make use of the card in compliance with the card issuer terms and conditions
Check some restrictions that we have listed here.
Don’t Use Your Amex Card for Recurring Bill Payments
You already know that you can make purchases online with your Amex card. However, you can’t use this card for any kind of monthly expenses. If the card runs out of funds, you may risk incurring a penalty.
Don’t Use Your Amex Card for Deposits or Reservations
Another important rule is that you shouldn’t use this card to make deposits or reservations. Remember that most businesses won’t allow you to do so. If the card still works for this type of transaction, then you may end up losing your money. In other words, you must use your regular debit or credit card if you want to make reservations or deposits. Other types that you shouldn’t use with your Amex card include car rentals and hotel reservations.
You Can’t Withdraw Money from ATMs
Having an American Express card can provide many benefits, yet it comes with a notable downside i.e you can’t withdraw money from the ATMs.
Wrapping it Up
After receiving your Amex card you can activate your Amex card online on the http://www.Americanexpress.Com/Confirmcard page or activate it by phone. The activation process only takes minutes after which you can use your card to buy stuff.